quartz kitchen countertops

Quartz Countertops: Countertop Trend of 2018

Quartz countertops are dominating the popularity contest for homes. While granite and marble will never lose their classic and unique appeal, quartz countertops have taken the forefront of attention in home design trends of 2018. Quartz offers a unique look and low maintenance for homeowners and has very few negatives as a man-made stone.

What makes quartz countertops the trend of the last few years? While trends come and go, natural stones like granite have dominated in home decor for a long time. Granite lasts and has consistent resale value, so the rise in interest of quartz countertops over the past few years and the current popularity of it in 2018 may have come as a surprise to some.

Quartz Countertops are Low Maintenance

As a man-made engineered stone, quartz countertops contain roughly 90% quartz with the other 10% holding the quartz together with polymers and resins. The construction of quartz countertops ensures a non-porous, durable piece for your home. Quartz countertops are strong enough to resist stains and scratches and require no waxing or sealing. The non-porous nature of constructed quartz also prevents bacteria from building up within the countertop as well. The properties and low maintenance of quartz make it a perfect addition to a young family’s home. The parents of young children never have to worry about their quartz countertop cracking from impact with toys or other objects, spills are easy to clean, and hidden bacteria won’t infect their children, making quartz countertops extremely popular.

Quartz Countertops are Stylish

Quartz countertops come in a vast selection of color options for any kitchen aesthetic. Quartz can range in both color and style as manufacturers of quartz countertops can mix colors into the fabrication process to create plenty of styles for any kitchen. Quartz countertops can also imitate natural stones like granite. Quartz countertops are popular because of the variability of colors and styles.

Quartz Countertops Have Variety

Along the lines of the stylishness of quartz, the finish on quartz countertops can vary with contemporary technology of quartz countertops fabrication. New colors in matte, honed, and leathered finishes are now available for quartz countertops to add unique and varied touch to any home. Quartz countertops can also take on natural looks that imitate both marble and granite, so home-owners can have the natural stone look with the easier to manage quartz surface.

Quartz countertops are only growing in popularity. These easy to manage engineered stone countertops are great for young homeowners looking for a great countertop with lasting value. If you have any further questions about quartz countertops, contact the experts at Choice Granite & Marble today!

Call Us