When looking for a new countertop for your kitchen or bathroom, natural stone is a fantastic choice for any home. Natural stone offers a variety of colors and patterns and the knowledge of a durable countertop that will last.
Granite and marble are both beautiful natural stones that can accentuate your bathroom or kitchen countertops and make your house look great. Both granite and marble countertops are popular additions to any household. These natural stones can also increase the overall value of your home. When considering going with a granite countertop or a marble countertop, there are a few key considerations.
Benefits of Marble Countertops
Marble is a unique natural rock created from limestone or dolomite rock that is heated and pressured. Because of its unique look, it is a very sought after natural stone for kitchen and bathroom countertops. The benefits of marble countertops are like granite, but unique in their way:
- Durability. As a natural stone, marble countertops are also durable. However, marble is softer than a natural stone like granite, which offers the chance to create fancy design elements easier into the fabrication process.
- Marble is cool. Marble countertops are resistant to heat and remain a cool surface.
- Marble lasts. Much like granite, marble countertops withstand time. You can expect to keep your marble in your home for as you’d like. Make sure your marble countertop is installed correctly and sealed to keep it pristine forever!
- Distinctive look. When you purchase a marble countertop, you get the distinct look of marble. Many try to imitate the look of marble, but the only way to ensure you have marble’s distinct style is to purchase the natural stone itself.
Benefits of Granite Countertops
Granite is one of the most popular natural stones on the market, accentuating the look of houses both contemporary or traditional. Granite has a very natural look and comes in a vast array of colors and patterns for any style of kitchen or bathroom.
- A strong surface. Granite countertops are strong enough to hold hot pots and plates without damage. With a granite countertop, you can also use a knife right on the surface with no harm.
- Unique and lasting color. Granite countertops do not fade in color and have a one-of-a-kind look with their variety and style.
- Lasting value. Granite countertops do not depreciate because of their durability and look.
- Sanitary. Since granite is nonporous, liquids and gases are not trapped in the surface, making cleaning granite easy. Just wipe your granite countertop with warm water and mild detergent.
Granite countertops are unique, lasting, and clean.
Both granite and marble are beautiful additions to any kitchen or bathroom. To decide between the two, you must consider your house. Do you want a natural stone like granite which offers a variety of distinctive designs and colors? Are you okay if your look is not entirely uniform since granite slabs can all look slightly different? Do you want a distinctive look like marble? Would you like unique design elements available with marble as a softer natural stone?
These are all considerations to take when choosing between granite or marble. Always remember to seal your granite and marble countertops at least once a year and care for it to avoid stains. Choice Granite & Marble can help you understand what natural stone may be best for your situation. Contact us for your specific needs!